“KALAJATRA”: Memes, Drawings, Paintings, Doodles, Photos, Collages, Cartoons, Digital Works or any 2 dimensional Visual Art contest 2013
ARTUDIO KALAJATRA Visual Art Competition (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage everyone (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to use their creativity and present an interpretation of our society (National/Global) in a humorous, and/or satirical way in any visual medium such as Memes, Drawings, Paintings, Doodles, Photographs, Collages, Cartoons, Digital Works etc. ARTUDIO will choose the winning entries, and cash prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Rules”).
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes an agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and ARTUDIO with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: All individuals regardless of age are eligible to enter the Contest.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Ncell Nepal.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on July 28th, 2013 12AM and ends on August 15th, 2013, 11:59 PM (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, visit www.artudio.org/kalajatra (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions that appear on the official entry form (“Entry Form”) should be filled kindly as it relates to the Contest theme “KALAJATRA”
LIMIT MAXIMUM THREE (3) ENTREES PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by ARTUDIO); (ii) received by August 5th, 2013 11:59 PM. All kinds of visual art works, whether they are computer-generated or handmade or in any other media will be accepted. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. ARTUDIO accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
6. KALAJATRA REQUIREMENTS. KALAJATRA and supporting statement must meet the following criteria (“KALAJATRA Requirements”):
(a) They must be humorous, funny and satirical
(b) Participants must send digital file of Artworks and should be 300dpi not larger than 2 MB
(c) They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person(s), or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
(d) They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the Artwork and supporting statement are created.
(e) They must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
(f) Artwork is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
(g) The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
(h) During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the Artworks and supporting statements to ensure that they meet the Requirements. The organizer and Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an artwork and supporting statement that does not meet the contest Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
7. JUDGING: Each artworks will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) artistic merit – skills and use of color and composition; (ii) creativity and originality – considering the representation of the Contest theme “KALAJATRA”, and use of the humor and satire and funny, as well as the unique and novel approach ; (iii) communication of the Contest theme in both the visual form and supporting statement – how well the Entrant explains what “KALAJATRA” represents in the supporting statement and artwork; (iv) adherence to the Artwork Requirements and these Rules.
Notification of Finalists and Winners: Becoming a finalist is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential finalist or winner is disqualified for any reason, the Doodle that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential finalist or winner. The potential finalist(s) and winner(s) will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email. If a potential finalist/winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential finalist/winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential finalist/winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria
8. PRIZES:Respective Cash Prizes for best 3 participants + Art Marchandis + Exhibition
9. TAXES: AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO ARTUDIO ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY ARTUDIO TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE NATIONAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES ARTUDIO IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit tax documentation requested by ARTUDIO or otherwise required by applicable law, to ARTUDIO or a representative for ARTUDIO or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winner and finalists, and if the winner/finalist is a minor, their parents or legal guardians, are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and ARTUDIO may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Artudio reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Artudio’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or Artudio.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS:
Submitter keeps all intellectual property for the works submitted
But Artudio has to reproduce the works of the period of the exhibition
12. PUBLICITY. ARTUDIO and KCAC will promote the exhibition
13. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
14. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. Artudio is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed Artworks or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. Artudio is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent an Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsorâ€™s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
15. EXHIBITION. Best 20 works will be exhibited during Kalajatra exhibition.
Note: This competition is being organized in collaboration with KCAC’s Kalajatra
For more info:
email us: email@example.com – See more at: http://www.eventsinnepal.com/event/kalajatra-visual-art-contest-2013#sthash.oXJdu3xp.dpuf